Charity Christmas Sweatshirt - Kensal Navy
`Peace on Earth’ and ‘Goodwill to all Humankind’
Whilst we might not be having office parties this year in the same way as in previous years, we at Coconut Residence committed, over a glass of mulled wine last year, to producing a better kind of Christmas Jumper.
The novelty acrylic jumpers that many of us have previously bought (often in a rush and reliant on next day delivery) in order to look festive around our colleagues and families are, unfortunately, some of the most unsustainable products that we can buy.
- 2 out of 5 Christmas jumpers are worn only once
- 1 in 3 adults under 35 buys a new Christmas jumper every year
- 50% of Christmas jumpers are made entirely from acrylic
The Coconut Residence Charity Christmas sweatshirt, although not as garish as everyone might like (!) is sustainably sourced, with all profits going to the Felix Project.
In order to achieve a sweatshirt that would maximise sustainability (both in terms of the materials used and durability), we selected a ring spun organic cotton (GOTS certified) composition fibre with a small percentage of recycled polyester (with the polyester coming from post-consumer PET bottles) for stability and durability so that it can be worn year after year. In this way our sweatshirts deliver not only a superior fit but more sustainable credentials over the intended lifetime of the product.
Even though Christmas might be a more intimate affair this year, please do consider purchasing one either for yourself or a loved one knowing that, as with the sale of all of our products, you are supporting a charity that is more important than ever this year as the temperature drops.
Our Resolutions this year are to:
- Buy consciously and cherish our purchases
A jumper is not just for Christmas ;)
Our sweatshirt has a comfortable tailored fit and is designed to be unisex. Cut with comfort in mind, we recommend taking your regular size. Crafted from a heavyweight terry, our sweatshirt has a brushed inside for a cosy handle.
- Raglan sleeve
- Approved Vegan
- 1x1 rib at neck collar, sleeve hem and bottom hem
- Inside herringbone back neck tape
- Self fabric half moon at back neck
- Single needle topstitch at neck collar
- Twin needle topstitch at sleeve and bottom hem
- 85% Organic ring-spun combed cotton 15% recycled polyester
- Organic cotton is cultivated and harvested from non-genetically modified plants, without the use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides