Chela Linen Jacket - Jodhpur Blue
The Chela Jacket is our softly tailored house jacket for warmer months and winter sun. Created using plain weave 228gsm pure linen, this year round staple is hand cut and crafted by our atelier in Tuscany.
Our house block is a single breasted one-button jacket for a more elegant silhouette, which both lengthens and slims the wearer. The jacket has a straight cut centre front and a slight nip in the body. A soft shoulder with a higher pitched armholes allows more freedom of movement whilst retaining shape and structure.
Features such as the raw canvas under-collar, fish-mouth lapels, barchetta breast pocket and fully functional mitre cuffs are details that showcase true quality and individuality. See Details, Size and Fit
The Chela jacket represents understated elegance by combining features usually only found in traditional bespoke garments with a relaxed structure, making this jacket a perfect and versatile choice for your wardrobe and suitcase.
Available as a suit with Chela linen trousers in matching colours or in Ivory White as an additional trouser colour which pairs well with either jacket.
Origin: Tuscany, Italy
Content: 100% Linen, Cupro lining
For every item sold we will donate meals to feed four people in need.
This is a part of our pledge in support of The Felix Project to alleviate food poverty by preventing food waste. Find out more through our work for good page here.
Size & Fit
- Fits true to size, however those in-between sizes should take the smaller size
- Tailored fit
- Trousers come with side adjusters and an unfinished hem to allow for adjustment and exact/preferred fitting.
- Made in Tuscany, Italy
- 100% European mercerised pure linen, plain weave, 228gsm
- Cut by hand
- Single breasted one button
- Drop notch 'fish mouth' lapel, 9.5cm width
- Raw canvas under collar
- Soft shoulder
- Unlined body with ticket pocket
- Fully functional one button mitre cuff
- Barchetta breast pocket - meaning "little boat" in Italian to describe how the pocket floats on the chest, gently angled upwards like the bow of a boat - this is a hallmark of quality, rarely found in ready-to-wear clothing.
- Tasca a pignatta – roughly translates as "cooking pot" in Italian, the pockets have tapered sides with a brandy glass shaped bottom. These pockets, considered traditionally to be exclusive to Italian tailoring, add a personality to your jacket.
- Twin Vent
- Straight Centre front
You may also like the Chela Linen Trousers to match. Click here.
The meeting of industrial designers Charles and Ray Eames and Jawaharlal Nehru inspires the background to our collection. They form a modern interpretation of what three visionary pioneers may well have worn to their inspired meeting today, possibly under a coconut tree sipping masala chai.
Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of the newly independent nation-state of India, invited the Eames’s to help provide a catalyst of change, newness and creativity for the developing country. The Eames’ were enlisted to assist with this challenge, along with a host of other scientists, engineers, designers, and architects from Europe and North America. Their frequent travel throughout the 1950s and 60s sparked a global fascination with non-west design, in film, architecture and exhibition. The Eames Report was the first attempt by a developing nation to utilise design principles as a tool for national regeneration. The many bright children seen in the villages inspired the report; curious, open, active, beautiful young people with tremendous potential.